Thursday, April 11, 2013

handmade home studio decor & details



So I've been working on making my home studio in the spare room we had upstairs and I am super proud of myself. This project has inspired most of my latest crafting projects and I think I have been improving and getting pretty durn good if I do say so myself. So here's a look at some of my favorite details of my new space. Enjoy!

A front view of my hand-painted and distressed antique side table also seem above.
Behr paint used- base is "Classic Silver" and the detail in "Mineral."
The vase I also painted using a metallic spray by Krylon in champagne color.


Small shelf from Home Depot.
I created the flower arrangement that sits in an old planter
box I found at my parents' house.

This table was made from an old wooden coffee table
my fiance and I found on the side of the road. I painted the top
and attached this amazing antique window my fiance had laying
around in the garage :)

Here's my desk :) The wood crate was found at hubby-to-be's parents' house
(They have a large barn that should seriously be featured on American Pickers. It's great!)
Painted the quote using Martha Stewart stencils and my fav paint from her- Grey Wolf.
The lamp I've had forever since I lived at home, I went and stole it back and added the stencil painting :)

I created this floral arrangement from various fake flowers found at Salvation Army,
The white vase is also from SA and the lantern I found at Marshalls.
Old drawer found roadside, I painted it and attached the vintage pull.



  
Left: Old shed style door found roadside and painted using Behr's Classic Silver.
I unscrewed the handle and attached vintage style decor key found at Marshall's :)
Right: Homemade large chalkboard made from an old, cheap bifold door!


More studio posts to come as I finish. :) Thanks for lookin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment